Please read and understand the following terms and conditions as they are binding for all ticket purchases.
By purchasing a ticket, you (“Ticket Holder”) agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of sale specified herein and any other provision as may be specified from time to time by Escape The Game. The Escape The Game Owner / Venue Owner, their agents or employees shall not be liable for any death, personal injury, loss or damage caused while in the venue, location or place related to Escape The Game (“Site”).
Booking fees and handling fees shall not be refundable. Any refunds shall be made only at Escape The Game management’s discretion. Tickets are sold subject to the following conditions:
(1) You have expressly agreed to participate, join, enter, use, play and/or access the Escape The Game at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, Escape The Game Owner / Venue Owner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties, merchantability or fitness for the operation of the Escape The Game games. Escape The Game Owner / Venue Owner does not warrant the reliability, accuracy, completeness, current or
error-free of the product, content and materials included, used or deployed on the Site. If a product, content or material is not as described, you have expressly waived the right to claim any damages and/or losses including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages deriving from such use or reliance of the description of the product, content or material.
(2) All items including, but not limited to, your personal belongings, objects, luggage, baggage, watches, wallets, items and/or property, shall be kept by you at your sole risk. In any event, Escape The Game Owner / Venue Owner including the employees shall not be held liable or responsible for any loss of your personal belongings within the Site or outside of Site. The risk of loss for your personal belongings shall be borne by you upon entrance on the Site or engagement with the Escape The Game Business.
(3) To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law; Escape The Game Owner / Venue Owner including the employees or agent shall not be responsible for any risk, hazard, danger, security, threat, safety and/or protection for Escape The Game. You shall be solely responsible, answerable and accountable for your personal safety, security, body condition, disease transmission, pregnancy or health condition, while you participate, join, enter, use, play and/or access the Escape The Game games. Escape The Game Owner / Venue Owner hereby expressly warn, caution, advise, inform and/or notify that the Escape The Game game may be dangerous, hazardous, risky, and unsafe, insecure to you and you shall be duly informed, notified and understand the underlying danger, risk or hazard of the Escape The Game game and shall further confirmed, ensure and guard against your body condition and personal safety for the Escape The Game game.
(4) You agree to behave, conduct, perform, carry out, execute, achieve and complete the Escape The Game game in accordance to the instruction, command and rules specified by Escape The Game Owner / Venue Owner, failing which Escape The Game Owner / Venue Owner including the employees or agent shall have the right and power to decline or refuse your entry to the Site.
(5) You shall not be allowed to record, capture or snap any photograph, video, film, tape or audio recording whatsoever before, during and after the Escape The Game games, except with the explicit permission of Escape The Game Owner. If such recording activity is found within the Site, Escape The Game Owner including the employee or agent shall reserve the power, authority and consent expressly granted by you to delete, remove or transfer such recording to any device, media or hardware owned by Escape The Game Owner, the copyright of such recordings will deemed automatically granted by you to Escape The Game Owner.
(6) You agree not to carry or bring any dangerous, harmful or hazardous object into the Site including, but not limited to, sharp objects, explosive items, weapons or item deemed to be dangerous or harmful to other visitors on the Site. In the event that such item or object is found, Escape The Game Owner / Venue Owner including the employee or agent shall have the power, authority and consent expressly granted by you to remove and confiscate such item or object and further decline or refuse your entry to the Site.
(7) You shall not enter the Site under the influence of drugs or intoxicated, failing which the Escape The Game Owner / Venue Owner including the employee or agent shall reserve all rights and power to decline or refuse your entry to the Site. If you are found to be under such influence, Escape The Game Owner / Venue Owner including the employee or agent shall have the power, authority and consent expressly granted by you to remove and confiscate such alcohol, drug or liquor without any compensation, remedy or damages and shall reserves all rights and authority to take the necessary legal action to ensure reputation of Escape The Game business remain intact and guard against any risk or harm towards the Escape The Game business. All losses, damages or legal costs derived from
such incident shall be solely borne by you.
(8) It is your responsibility to wear the proper and suitable attire including, but not limited to, footwear and clothing before the commencement of the Escape The Game game.
(9) The website http://www.escapethegame.co.uk is owned and operated by Escape The Game. The company holds the right to amend or vary these terms and conditions including any of the contents of the website from time to time at its sole discretion without prior notice. The hereinafter terms apply to the use by any visitor of the Escape The Game Website and should be read carefully before any use:
(9a) Escape The Game does its best to supply you with the most current and accurate information on its website.
(9b) The Escape The Game website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information obtained from this website.
(9c) You are not permitted to link to or use all or any part of the Escape The Games' website for any purpose which is fraudulent, unlawful, defamatory, harmful, obscene or objectionable.
(9d) You accept that the Internet is not fully secure. Escape The Game will take all appropriate steps to protect the security of any payment card information, though Escape The Game shall not be liable for any damage that you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
(9e) Escape The Game shall not be liable to any person for any direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including (without limitation) lost profits or revenues, loss of opportunity, costs of replacement goods or services, loss or damage to data or business interruption, arising out of any use of the website.
(10) Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect your statutory rights.
(11) The game is designed for a minimum of 2 players and a maximum of 6 players.
(12) The trademarks and logos displayed on the website are the property of Escape The Game. You are not permitted to use these without the prior written permission of Escape The Game and you accept that any such use may constitute an infringement of the relevant proprietor’s rights.
(13) These terms and conditions and any contract concluded incorporating these terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law and all disputes shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
(14) Nothing contained in any contract is intended to be enforceable pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any third party.
(15) All the terms of any contract are included or assigned to within these terms and conditions.
(16) Escape The Game's website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. The operation of those websites is out of Escape The Game’s control and you use them at your own risk.
(17) Escape The Game collects and stores your personal details without disclosing it to any 3rd party and is dedicated to ensure that the privacy of your personal information is protected.
(18) Escape The Game recommends teams to arrive at the Site 15 minutes before the game starts. The 60 minute timer will start running as per the allocated time schedule and no refunds will be given due to late arrival.
(19) Due to the nature of the game, no recordings can be taken inside the room.
(20) Escape The Game expects their visitors not to disclose any details of the game directly or indirectly to the public.
(21) Escape The Game may contact you from time to time with offers and promotions via email or phone.
(22) Escape The Game is entitled to charge the guests for any damage, which is intentional or caused by misuse of items.
(23) While you are at the Site, you must ensure to conform to our codes and regulations, adopt proper standards of behaviour, and co-operate with our employees having security responsibilities.
(24) Escape The Game does not tolerate any kind of bullying or harassment towards its employees. Escape The Game reserves the right to refuse entry or end games before the allocated 60 minutes has passed in this instance.
(25) Only person(s) who are at least 16 years of age are permitted to book a Game.
(26) It is your responsibility to check that any Game details issued to you are accurate and to contact. Escape The Game directly if there are details you wish to change.
(27) If you wish to transfer your Game(s) into someone else’s name, you must contact Escape The Game by either email or telephone at least two hours before the start of the game. Escape The Game may refuse this facility.
(28) Games may not be transferred or resold for commercial purposes or at a premium. If a Game is transferred or resold in breach of this condition, the bearer of the Game or the person claiming the right to attend the event will be refused admission to the game.
(29) You are entirely responsible for entering your details correctly on the Online Booking Form. By submitting an Online Booking Form you warrant to Escape The Game that all details supplied by you are true and accurate.
(30) You receive the confirmation of your booking via email only. Escape The Game does not send confirmation via post or text message.
(31) Online bookings can only be made up to 3 months in advance; exception may happen by contacting Escape The Game via email or phone.
(32) A booking becomes a no-show and entry will be declined if the team is late 30 minutes or more. In such a situation the money is not refundable and the booking is not changeable. The 60 minute timer will begin in the game at the advertised start time.
(33) The price (inclusive of VAT) of a game is stated on the Bookings section of the Escape The Game's website.
(34) The price is set according to number of people in a room (maximum 5 to 6 persons) and to the timing of the week.
(35) Bookings can be made online on the Escape The Game website, via phone, email or in person.
(36) Any major credit or debit card and also PayPal account is accepted to settle the payment. We do not accept cheques as payment.
(37) Full payment is required at the time of booking.
(38) Escape The Game is a live event so once the booking is confirmed; refunds, cancellations or reschedules are not accepted.
(39) In the event that less people attend the game than it was originally booked for, the price difference will not be reimbursed (this is at the discretion of Escape The Game.)
(40) In the event that more people attend the game than it was originally booked for (up to 5 to 6 persons per room) the price difference can be settled upon arrival to the game. Each additional player will be charged the same price per person as the original booking.
(41) If you need to contact Escape The Game you can do so using any of the following methods: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +44 (0) 1626 833250 / 07887731773
Mail: Escape The Game, Unit 3a The Old Paint Factory, Pottery Road, Bovey Tracey, Devon, TQ13 9DS.
(42) We are registered in England and Wales under company number 8928430 and we have our registered office at Unit 3A The Old Paint Factory, Pottery Road, Bovey Tracey, Devon, TQ13 9DS.
(43) Each Escape Room UK player will be instructed before their game by their assigned Game Master. After learning the rules of the game, each player will participate in the game at their own risk. Also, Escape Room UK is not liable for any (personal or equipment) damages caused by game room misuse or not following the rules described before the game.
(44) Drinks and food may not be brought into the Game Rooms.
(45) To be admitted, you must confirm the full name on the booking and might be asked to confirm the phone number and email address.
(46) We welcome all ages into our Escape Rooms, however players aged 12 years and under must be accompanied inside the game by at least one adult, aged 18 or over. Players aged over 12 but under 16 years old must have at least one responsible adult, aged 18 or over, to remain on the premises for the full duration of the game.